Ban Mai Nai Soi, Thailand.
In 2004-05 we travelled around the world to learn about cultures and about dialogue.
We hope that our backpacker tour will add perspectives to the debates about globalization and cultural diversity. It may also inspire other travellers.
We send warm thanks to all, who have shared their experiences and enthusiasm with us.
We visited Iran, Turkey, USA, China, Thailand and India. Countries that many immigrants in Denmark come from, and countries that have long traditions with cultural diversity. Our impressions were described in letters about the journey. See:
- Iranian Hospitality without Limits.
- Turkey between East and West.
- The American Dream.
- China in the Middle.
- Tradition and Renewal in Thailand.
- India's Fascinating Diversity.
Before our journey, we spoke with people rooted in other countries, who had settled in Denmark for reasons of love, work or flight. We also contacted ethnic Danes with connections in the countries, we visited. They told their stories and helped us connect to people abroad, who gave us more stories. See:
- Pegah: There is a Generation Gap.
- Massoud: I Want to Make Life Better.
- Pinar: If I really Want to I can.
- Yalcin: I was a Shepherd.
- Jean: Out of the Bubble.
- Frances: Opening Doors.
- Li: I may have Success.
- Lucy: A Good Education for my Child.
- Thanit: I Concentrate on the Present.
- Nuay: Good Deeds will be Rewarded.
- Madhu: Mitraniketan is a Good Place to Work.
- Simran: India is the Land of Opportunity.
On our way, we visited communities and individuals that create human and cultural development through dialogue. They contributed with their stories. The aim was to learn about dialogue and cultural exchange as contributions to understanding and peace. See: